Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dresser Redo

I got this dresser as a hand me down a couple of months ago and have been wanting to redo it since my dad and brother carried it in to my apartment. I really liked the size and style of the dresser but the colors were awful. The dark blue and primary color knobs just did not go with the white/coral/blue i have going on in my room.  I decided to go with this pale blue with Coral knobs to compliment the pillows and the throw my grandma crocheted me that are on my bed.  I really love how it turned out.

I wasn't very good at taking pics during the process and I am not very good at giving DIY instructions. Basically, I just used the hand sander and sanded down the dresser and then used sand paper to sand the knobs. For the 1st coat of paint I used a paint brush but I didn't like the streakiness that it left so for the 2nd coat I used a foam roller.




The Paint Colors:
The dresser: BEHR Sparkling Spring
The knobs: Youthful Coral






No comments:

Post a Comment