Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Give me Your eyes for just one second.

As I come to the last few weeks of my internship I have noticed that my attitude has some times has not been up to par. I find myself at times labeling, judging and sometimes simply hearing but not listening to the women I am serving at the CWC. I have felt really convicted about this and I so badly want to love these women with my whole heart not just as an action of helping them. The song Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath came on the Radio this week and brought me to tears. As I listened to the song I realized that my attitude should be that of which is reflected in the song. I want to see those who are hurting through eyes that aren't judgmental. I want to love on these people. The chorus of the song has really been my prayer this week:

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see





Prayer requests:
  • Please pray for me as I have to submit the plans for my project tomorrow during the all staff meeting. I have been working hard planning and prepping for it and I would like for the staff to be as excited as I am.
  • Please pray for the ladies in the Connect 2 Care program at the CWC. These are women with mental or physical disabilities and their floor has been having a hard time lately with lots of changes and stuff. I have really connected with a lot of the ladies on this floor and talking with them I see their confusion and uncertainty amongst the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment