Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Saying Goodbye Stinks :(

On Sunday I had to  say goodbye to two of my best friends as they both moved away from Chicago.  Katie moved home to Iowa and Missy moved to Michigan . After 4 years together here in Chicago, we parted in the parking lot of my house, not exactly knowing the next time we would see each other.


As we all gathered in the parking lot on Sunday, for one last goodbye hug, my heart sank and tears streamed down my face.  Two of my dearest friends were getting ready to drive off, hours away in opposite directions. No longer, would there be the end of summer to look forward to everyone being back in Chicago. No longer would they be just down the hall, in the same apartment, right up the stairs or just down the interstate from me. I will miss these girls dearly, but I am so excited for what God will do next in their lives.  I am so excited to see how our friendships grow, even being hours apart. I know these are friendships I will cherish for the rest of my life.
I am already, ready to plan trips to Iowa and Michigan.  Ready, to make some awesome plan where in some crazy turn of events, we all end up within 5 miles of each other again.


I am so thankful that God brought these girls into my life four years ago.


“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.”  C.S. Lewis




No comments:

Post a Comment