Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Learning in 1 John

~The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.~ 1 John 2:3-6


I have really been meditating on these words lately. I look at my life a lot of times and realize how much my life is like these words. It is my desire to be obedient and walk as Jesus did but I don't always live that out. The other day when I read verse 6 I felt so utterly convicted. In my daily devos it has really been on my heart. I want to walk like Jesus did, I want to love like he loves. I have realized that I can't do that on my own I need his grace, his sweet sweet grace. Between learning about the history of redemption in my Genesis class and then about redemption and grace in my Sys Theo class I feel as I am understanding it more completely and the need for it in my life. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.




The Rest is Up To You'
~relient k
Why don't you try to slow down?
Slow things down.
Slow things down.

'Cause I know you're hurting.
So put down your burdens.
Crucify your doubts and just reach out

Reach out to Jesus.
Embrace him.
Turn your life around to face him.

You'll find mercy,
you'll see
grace, love, and beauty
defined in his
face.

No comments:

Post a Comment